KUALA NERUS, Aug 17 — A total of 524 additional classroom projects worth RM668 million are underway nationwide for the Year One intake in the 2027 session, said Deputy Works Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Maslan.

Of these, 517 have been approved with Letters of Acceptance (LoAs), with three completed so far.

“The projects use modular methods and the Industrialised Building System,” he said after the handover of the first project completed ahead of schedule, from the Terengganu Public Works Department to the Education Ministry.

The handover was officiated by Minister Fadhlina Sidek at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Tok Jembal today.

The projects cover 459 schools and 1,780 classrooms, comprising 1,255 standard and 525 for the Special Education Integration Programme (PPKI).

He said Selangor topped the list with 143 projects, all of which have been approved. Kedah followed with 93 (92 approved), while Johor recorded 47 (45 approved).

“Terengganu has 45 projects and Penang 30, all with LoAs. Perak follows with 22, 18 of which have received LoAs.

Meanwhile, he said the projects in Pahang (50), Melaka (69), Kelantan (10), Perlis (8), Labuan (3), Kuala Lumpur (2) and Negeri Sembilan (2) have all been granted LoAs. — Bernama